Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Westward, ho! (note the comma)

I never thought anything could beat the internet and YouTube for time suckage, but Facebook seems to have been designed for ultimate time warp. Unbelievable! I keep getting quizzes from everyone, and I am such a sucker for a quiz I keep taking them. I just spent the last 5 minutes looking for the “What Drink Are You?” quiz. What is happening to me? I guess it beats doing the Myers-Briggs Personality Test for the umpteenth time. It’s like they conducted a series of tests to see what makes people intrigued:

1. Finding out more about yourself
2. Comparing yourself to friends
3. Taking quizzes to do either 1 or 2 or combined

Actually, that sounds a lot like the pillars of Scientology. . . duh duh duh!

Okay, so now that I’ve time sucked (that’s right I’m going to see how many times I can say “suck” in this post) an hour of my life away with the David Lynch quiz and being sure that all of my favorite films are listed, it’s almost time to go home. Hurray!

What else? Well, it looks like we are probably going to move to Portland, OR! DG was offered a permanent post as a staff writer/managing editor for the website he’s been freelancing with (for?), so look out Pacific Northwest! We are going to try to take a trip out there in early March to see what we can see. I just can’t even imagine having so many great bookstores, cool restaurants and green living right in my backyard. Wow. And, of course, the ocean. I hear the hipsters are uber-annoying, but the hipsters here suck (snuck that one in) too, so I think we are well prepared. All I need to do is drop the “I’m from Detroit” bomb and that usually ups my hipster cred, whether deservedly or not. And, of course, Daryl has the whole British thing in his favor, so we should be untouchable.

Not only have we recruited my fabulous cousin Alicia (last name available upon request and background check only) to make the pioneer-trek with us, but possibly our very interesting writer neighbor. I really feel quite manifest destiny about all this, and as long as it doesn’t end like “There Will Be Blood” or The Donner Party tragedy, we should be good. Anyone know where we can get a good wagon train?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Portland is way more up your alley, I think.