Saturday, September 6, 2008

Absurdities, etc.

I just recalled, while trolling Gawker and avoiding doing things I should be doing, that I had a dream that I was BFF with Julia Allison. It was really annoying. I think she kept stealing my clothes or something. This is kind of funny to me, because I used to be the champion of having dreams with celebrity guest appearances--but generally they were of the Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow variety. Not people famous only because of their aptitude to cash in on a college affair they had with a state senator. Gak, life is getting so absurd. Not surreal, absurd.

Speaking of absurd, I just saw this story on an eighties trend that is coming back on Style.com and nearly spit out my coffee (yes, I'm still drinking coffee at 1 p.m.)

And, horror of horrors, Darth Vader Unmasked recently talked smack about Richmond. Now, I admit that we are not a bustling metropolis down here, but to somehow infer that we here are somehow on equal footing with um, towns in Alaska is just plain offensive. I actually got my feathers ruffled like a proper Richmonder. I probably even yelled at the televsion in a southern accent. But enough about DVU.

Sooo, it seems that P-town has been backburnered indefinitely for us. However, we have come up with a Plan B: Chicago. It fits many of our needs: city, art, affordable, intersting, top tier city, etc. without bankrupting us or driving us too far from family and friends. The major downside is that winters are absoultely freeze your face off, but since summers here are melt your eyelashes into your face, I figure it's a fair trade off. So, we will be accepting any references, comments, advice.

I feel like, in retrospect, I will think of 2008 as a year where a lot of things were on pause. I never do well in an even-numbered year. So, woo-hoo 2009!

No comments: